Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wind Chime Workshop...

I took a break from cleaning the studio last week to have a fun day with a dear friend and my daughter.

My friend is gifted and creative and so much fun to be with.

A couple summers ago we had a weekly date and we would work on a new project together.

It was so much fun. 

Last summer we did not get a chance to do it so we decided to reinstate it this year.

Our first project was a wind chime. 

  We planned our strategy.

I got some materials ready on the tables for us to use....

Beads and baubles and marbles and glass.


Silverware.

I have been collecting it for three years for just this project.


Lots of possibilities...

From antiquey junk to metal scraps, bamboo pieces, CDs,  canning jar rings, candle holders, lamp shades, embroidery hoops and more...


 Fishing line, wire, chain, flower pots, flower frogs, and tools...



Another look at the goodies...




I spray painted these candle holders last summer...  

They were black.




I took these pictures before my friend brought her stash.

She added lots of fun things to the tables too.

Almost as important as the goodies and the friend is the chocolate.



We started with lunch and that took longer than we planned.

We worked on our wind chimes while my daughter worked on a painting.

We had to call it a night around 6 pm but decided to get together this week to finish them up.

So we got together earlier in the day this time and worked first, took a break for lunch (yum) and got back to work.

I am proud to say we both finished our first creation.

Here is hers.

I LOVE it!



Hers was much more melodious than mine.  

That bent aluminum bar in the middle really sounded lovely when it bumps the silverware.



The denim and tulle and twine give it such a cool urban chic look.



I love her seashells and beach glass pieces.  

The overall shape of it makes me think of a jelly fish.


She let me take a few photos before she took it home.



I wish I had taken a couple more but I didn't want to hold her up.

Here is mine from last week finally finished.


It started with that lampshade.

  I ripped off the fabric and just kept adding things until I thought it was done.


Old necklaces, muslin strips, beads,silverware, wire and marbles....

Very shabby chic...

Tattered, distressed Victorian...

Which is not really my style...

But a style I am drawn to and love.

I am just too messy to maintain that pretty white creamy color scheme.

I wanted to try something new...


STAZ-ON inks on muslin...

Those really pretty plastic drops that look like crystal...


I love my little caged marbles....


Here they are again....


I had time to make one more quick one from a few things before she left....


This one started with the flower frog.

I stayed with the clear crystal look.

This one makes me think of raindrops.

More of the caged marbles.


These look like the coolest raindrops.


This one was much quicker to make.


It was much easier without all the muslin to wrap.


I like the simple lines of this one.


I hope you have a friend who inspires you to create.  

Tell me about her...

Thanks for stopping by...

Linked up with......



















\



























No comments: