Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Craft Lightning Scout Crafts

I was a Girl Scout and so was my daughter.

I actually spent a summer in college as a Girl Scout Camp counselor.

It was a great summer.

I made friends from all over the world since we had international staff from countries such as England, Australia, Greece, and Denmark .

I recall learning more that summer than I suspect each of the campers did.

So I was totally on board with this Craft Lightning of Scout Crafts.

Let's make a Paint Dot Pendant.


Gather your supplies:


Paint
Q-Tips
toothpicks
cork circles
drill
Piece of scrap wood to drill on
paper plate

Squirt a little paint out on the plate and begin to make dots in a pattern on your cork circle.


I started out with the Q-tip to make bigger dots as bases so I can add smaller dots on top when they dry.


If you want fairly even concentric circles, start in the center and as you add the next round, do your dots at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions first and then fill in the rest.

Next make dots between the dots you just made.

Continue to add colors.


Set aside to dry.

Time will vary depending on your humidity level, the temperatures and the sizes and thickness of you dots.

Add more smaller dots on top of your first dots.

Set aside to dry again.

Drill hole in the top of the pendant.


Add silk cord, leather cord, ribbon or a chain.


Ta-Da!


This could be done on rocks instead or you can cut a slice of a cork from a bottle for a smaller pendant.

Hope you are going to give it a try.

Head over to see all the other great projects this week.


Thanks for stopping by...


No comments: