Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Baby Shower Rosettes

Soon, one of my co-workers is expecting her first baby.

We recently threw her a surprise shower at work.

I volunteered to make some decorations.

I made these large rosettes in shades of blue.


I was not sure how they will be displayed at the shower and maybe later at her home.

I did not want to punch any holes in them.


I also wanted to leave the centers so my friend could personalize them any way she wanted.


Maybe with the baby's name.


Or pictures of the baby.


Or pictures of the family or parents...


Or maybe with images that will fit the nursery theme.


So I used these teeny tiny clothespins to hang them.


Each rosette uses two 12" x 12" sheets of scrapbook paper.


I cut each sheet in half and then made marks to fold every 1/2 inch with my Stampin' Up Simply Scored Board.


 Then I accordian folded all 4 pieces and glued them end to end for one long strip.

Then I glued the ends of the strip together and pushed the circle down firmly until the rosette forms.


I use 2 large circles that I punched from coordinating card stock and glued one to the front and one to the back.


Easy Peasy.

My friend really liked them.

They were very festive and helped to dress up our location for the shower.


I think I will make some other sets for upcoming celebrations as well.

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: