Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Dark and Rusty

For the longest time, I don't think my art had a voice.

I think it echoed whispers of the artists that enchanted me.

It took many years for my pieces to start to look like my own style.

And now that I think my pieces look like me, I push myself to try something different.

Such is the case with these pieces.

I went all dark and rusty....


I took a lot of components I had and gave them a JAX Pewter Black bath.

I love how that simple step adds the look of centuries to a piece.

It can go from at-the-mall-shiny to just-excavated-ancient.


It is fun to add fibers into the mix....


I have to say.... 

I love this look.

I could not do it all the time, but I will do it more often....


I threw in some actual antiques as well...

The skeleton key and the sweetheart pin are vintage finds...


I hope you love to try something new too.

It changes your perspective....

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: