Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Workbench Wednesday...Washing Buttons

How about a quick peek of what I am working on this week...

I dumped a tin of vintage buttons in a hosiery bag and dunked it repeatedly in a bucket of hot water and Dawn dish washing detergent.


Then I rinsed, and rinsed and rinsed...

I dumped them into a strainer purchased just for such purposes (i.e. crafty stuff)...


Then I spread them out on a plastic tray and let them dry....


I ran my hands through them over and over...

I tell myself it is to spread them out to dry better...

Really it is because I have to touch them....


Touching them brings me happiness...

My heart tells stories of each button as my fingers touch them...


Next step is letting them become something new....

Stay tuned....

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: