Tuesday, May 24, 2016

She was a Collector of things

Last year I reorganized my beads and components.

They are sorted by color or material.

I am finding this is opening new doors when I create since so many like things are gathered together.

I have had an idea for a Collector Series.

And this was the very first piece I made for it.

I have to say, I love this one....


All the components and charms came from my metals, vintage and handmade components boxes.


This is the year I start to use those things I love and have been saving...


So you may notice some sweet little vintage wonders among all that goodness...

Like the bottle cap and brass tag...


Components that I bought and hoarded saved like the resin pieces and rhinestone bottle caps now are a piece of something bigger than themselves.


I am still on the fence about whether I keep this one or let it go to someone else...


Tassels and nests and buttons...Oh My!


This piece is called She Was a Collector of Things...


It is a bit of a biography....


Aren't those the very best kinds of pieces?

Something that tells a story?


So I am hoping this makes you want to make something that tells your story....


A charm bracelet or a necklace...

Of course it may only have a few curated charms....

Just a chapter of your story....

What are you waiting for?

Go make something amazing!

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: