Wednesday, May 18, 2016

New Beads on the Work Bench this Wednesday...



I have spent a great deal of this spring creating my own polymer clay beads.


After purchasing Statci Louise Smith's Tutorial, I was bead obsessed.

My beads were everything I always hoped to create....



They are textured and glossy and just the way I wanted them.


Some had a wonderful, primitive, organic look.


But then my friend came for a workshop and brought some of her beads.

They were so different than mine.

  And so very lovely.

So I started playing with different finishing techniques. 

I used one she did but mine did not turn out like hers.

So I tried a few other things.  

I got some neat new looks.



I liked them in the pan.

They sat there for days.


I loved the blingy shine.

Which was so different than my other beads.


I was not sure what they would be.


One afternoon,I sat down and began knotting.

I am a huge fan of waxed linen cord for knotting.

And before I knew it, this sweet beachy wrap bracelet came to be.


Like I said, it is a change from my other beads.

And I am loving it.


I am also loving my hand forged clasps.


I love how substantial they are.


This bracelet is a double wrap.

I have a couple single wrap bracelets that I wear all the time.  

They are actually very comfortable.


What do you make?

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: