Saturday, April 30, 2016

April is Amulet month!

At least it is over at Art Jewelry Elements.

You can check out the original post here.

I was one of the lucky winners.

This sweet little thing came in the mail....


Now, I have to admit....the whole reason I signed up was that I wanted to see one of these amazing amulets up close and personal.

So imagine my delight when I was contacted that I had won.


I was even more delighted when it came.

It is even better than I hoped.

My head began swimming with possibility.


So the first thing I did was to get out my 3 favorite materials to work with: silk strips, polymer beads and waxed linen cord.

And quickly, this came together.


The amulet is predrilled on either side but the cork was not so I tied my waxed linen cord through the holes on each side and this allowed the cork to still fit back on.


I love the colors of the one she sent me....


It goes perfectly with my handmade polymer clay beads...


I just did simple knotting with the cord and silk strips.


I prefer a necklace that is adjustable with the silk cords.


So there you have it....

My amulet reveal.  

I cannot wait to see the rest.  


Want to see what everyone else made?

Check out each of the other blogs in the hop below.












Thanks so much for stopping by...


No comments: