Friday, May 29, 2015

Jewelry From the Tackle Box

I wanted to share some of my favorite pieces my daughter made.

She was feeling creative and I mentioned I had a plate of salvaged fishing lures from a trash bag my father-in-law brought.

She dug through the plate where I had placed the salvaged pieces and then made some amazing jewelry.


I love how she incorporated tackle bits and pieces into the chains as well.


My husband clipped off the barbs on the hooks so they would not be dangerous.


They melted off the lead on the lure so it was safe as well.


She wrapped it with wire and beads.

Just a little...

Not too much...


Sometimes the simplest things can be so beautiful.


Some of the pieces from this series were actually featured in the Spring 2015 issue of GreenCraft.


She made several pieces that were not chosen.


The next necklace is simple and elegant.


My daughter has a great eye.


She knows when enough is enough.


The next necklace incorporates the fishing tackle into the chain but not the pendant.



One of the things I loved about her designs was that you would never notice the tackle unless you knew what you were looking at.


It is subtle.

The next one is my favorite.


It is actually the one she kept to wear herself.


I don't blame her one bit.


It is the perfect combination of vintage and modern with that unexpected twist.


I love how she thinks outside the box.

The tackle box in this case....

Thanks for stopping by...


No comments: