Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sweetheart Tiny Vial Necklaces

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

Here is a sweet gift idea for your special someone.


Head to the craft store and buy a pack (or 2) of those little  mini glass vials.

Pick up a couple squares of Sculpey polymer clay too.

I like Sculpey the best because it is easy to work with.

Make tiny contents for your vials.

Here I made some tiny mushrooms with red and white Sculpey.

Bake them in the oven according to the package directions.

I have a toaster oven just for clay baking.

I keep it on our covered back porch to keep any fumes out of the house.


I added a bit of Spanish moss to the vial as well.

Use a piece of wire to push it down in there.


You can add a chain, silk strip, seam binding or satin cord for your necklace.


I use a bit of glue when I put the cork in.

A tiny piece of lace added gives it a sweet touch.


Hearts are easy to make.

Pinch off a little piece of clay.

Roll a small ball and then roll it into a point at one end.

Use a knife or a straight edge to put a small slit in the wider top.

Then gently roll each side to get the rounded tops.


I also made some tiny eggs.

I love nests and eggs.

To me, they symbolize life and family.


Add a little Spanish moss to these too.


These hearts look a little toasty.

Sometimes there are cooking/baking issues.

I like them though....

For that person who has been burned by love...


These are  easy and fun to make.

I love playing with polymer clay.

Takes me back to my childhood and playing with Play-Doh.


Thanks for stopping by...

Linking up with these great blogs...

No comments: