Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Simple Sweet Valentine Gift Bags


I made some valentine bags for my daughter's friends.

They are a wholesome, outdoorsy bunch so I wanted the bags to be simple and natural.

I am pleased with the results...

I wanted them each to be unique but I stuck to just a few punches and materials.




Changing the paper colors or adding a paper doily changes the look just enough...


A feather from the chickens is a great natural touch.


My nephew had this tree punch and I have been in love with it forever. 

When he moved, he gave it to me...

Thank you!


I love the heart arrow.

It starts with a twig and two punched hearts.

I punched the holes in the bag and slid the stick in place before splitting a real feather and gluing on the fletchings.


I love how it turned out.


This one is just a heart on a stick...


This one was a variation on the arrow but with a heart for fletchings this time.


The paper fletchings were easier to glue than the real feather.


I love the double twigs as a bag closure.


Even the back of this one is cool where the twigs cross.


Here is a heart rose...



A couple more of those tree punches....


These subtle shades are my favorite....


Last, but not least, there are the owls...


Each is slightly different.


The first one is this little guy where his beak is actually formed by trimming the bag.

I think he's my favorite.


I hope everyone likes their little treats...


Thanks for stopping by....


No comments: