Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Review...DecoArt Chalky Finish Paints...



This post was originally slated for this summer but never made it out of the draft folder.

I love these paints though and wanted to share the post with you today.

I am a DecoArt Helping Artist.


I have used DecoArt paints for about 20 years.


I have always thought they were the best quality, consistency, and pigment at a reasonable price.


This summer I ordered some of the Chalky Finish paints to try them out.


My experience prior to that with chalky finish paints were with those I mixed myself.

And while I love my homemade chalk paints, this was different.

These are so creamy.

I ended up painting everything on my workbench that could use a little paint.

These hat boxes have been in every craft room I had for the last 20 years.

This summer when I was cleaning the studio, I almost got rid of them because I was tired of the floral design.

I brushed 2 coats of Chalky Finish paints on them and now I am in love with them again.



Even the first coat has great coverage.


Now my buttons have a happy new place to hang out.


And I like that you can still see the old pattern inside.

I painted  them in different colors.




While I was waiting for each coat to dry, I looked around the workbench and saw the pretzel container of bottle brush trees.

Usually I just turn the label to the back so I can't see it, but there was still paint on the paint brush, so I gave the label a few coats.





Then I did my other one too...

Hmmmm...

How about those little peat pots...

 I showed you how they turned out, but here is where they got started...



This jewelry box was originally headed for the thrift store.

I bought several jewelry boxes full of jewelry this summer at my favorite flea market.


While my brush was still loaded with paint, I decided to give it a chalky makeover.


I love the new pale chalky pink.



I left the inside with the original colors and pattern.


With it's new chlky finish, it is cute enough to be a keeper...


I strongly recommend these paint if you have not tried them yet.

They have a great consistency, super coverage and a great array of colors.

Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: