Monday, November 2, 2015

Taking Home the Tree Ornaments


Last year, Taking Home the Tree ornaments were all the rage...

With good reason...

They are adorable...

  Here are a few for inspiration this year.


I have been keeping my eyes open for small cars this year.

 I  pick them up when I see ones I like.


Some of them are new...


Like this little guy...

He looks old but he came right out of the box.


And then some are reclaimed.

I like the chippy, loved look.

I also like creating an unconventioanl interpretation.

Like this garbage truck... 

 How fun is this?



Cute on so many levels...


If a had a son, I would so make him an ornament for the tree with his favorite kind of truck.


I did clean this little guy up so the dirt left on him is intentional...


This little car is new as well.


But it is perfect for a vintage look ornament.


I add a drop of hot glue to the top of the car and add the tree.

The baker's twine is mostly for show and a way to hang the ornament.


Hope you make a few of your own...

Thanks for stopping by...

Linking up with these great blogs.

No comments: