Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Ballet Shoe Keepsake

Do you have a ballerina in your life?

I do not, but I always dreamed of dancing.

This is as close as I will get.

I found some ballet slippers at the thrift store and snatched them up. 

 I transformed this one with a little nest and some sweet touches.

It would look so sweet on a dancer's shelf or nestled among the branches of her tree at Christmas time.


To give it some shape, I stuffed it with polyfil stuffing.


I built a little nest in the heel with Spanish moss and some polymer eggs.


Beneath it, some tea stained strips of newspaper peek out.

I ran some newspaper through the shredder and then sprayed it with very strong tea.

  I turned it and resprayed it until it had the look I was going for.


The nest was constructed in a small grapevine wreath lined with delicate lace.

The Spanish moss sits atop the lace.


I love the textures...


In front of the nest, I added some natural sheep's wool.

You can see it resting on the polyfill here from the side.


I added a couple little blossoms to finish it off.


This would be such a great little memento for a dancer, her mother, grandmother or teacher.

I hope maybe you decide to create one of your own...

Thanks for stopping by....

Linking up with these great blogs...

No comments: