Monday, July 6, 2015

Easy No Sew Burlap Cushion Covers

I just cleaned off the back porch and had room to move a reading chair onto it.

For a little bit I dreamed of getting some cushy and comfy new chair.

However, I am actually more practical so I decided to move one of my lawn chairs onto the porch.

I got a set of 6 at a yard sale last year.

They came with only one cushion so I could match the size to buy new ones.

I wanted it to look like this...


But it looked like this:


The flowered cushion is the one that came with it and the striped cushion on the back is just an old pillow I covered so it could be used outside.

Not the look I was going for.

I have burlap sacks.

My daughter is a barista.

But I was feeling lazy and did not want to cut and sew.

Plus I get a little weird about cutting up my burlap sacks.


No worries.

Here is what I did.

I put the flowered bottom cushion into the burlap sack and folded the excess over underneath.


You can see the extra here.

That won't do.


Just tuck and fold the excess underneath.

I did it a little like making a bed with hospital corners.

Do the same on the other side.


Then stick the back cushion into the other burlap sack.


Stand it up on the chair and lay the top of the sack over the back of the chair.


Do a little tucking and fluffing.


And now it it looks more like I wanted.


No cost.

No cutting.

No sewing.


It took longer to go in the house and choose the burlap sacks I wanted to use than it did to give the chair a burlap makeover.


Ahhh...

Perfect spot for reading.

Thanks for stopping by....


No comments: