Monday, November 17, 2014

Mason Jar Monday #3... Burlap Roses Ornaments...

While I was in Michael's this summer I picked up a couple of rolls of burlap ribbon that were on sale.




I used it for the fair to wrap my frappachino bottles.

We like to use all the same jars so we can find our entries more easily.


After the fair, I took most of them off the bottles which left me with a bunch of burlap ribbon pieces 10-14 inches long.




I love to take materials from one project and use it for another....

so I made some Burlap Rose Christmas ornaments.



These have french page leaves.

I picked up some little french books at a local college book sale. 

They were already falling apart so no worries about using them for this project.


I wanted to share a quick way to make leaves with a circle punch.


Cut out your circles.



Then put your circle back in the punch.

You can see the leaf shape...



Cut them.



Turn your circle and cut some more.



I made simple twisted roses with the burlap and a hot glue gun.


I added a piece of jute twine as the hanger and two french page leaves to each rose.



I glued one to the lid of the jar which I had already painted with DecoArt Chalky Finish paints.



These will be so sweet on someone's Christmas tree.



They transcend all the seasons so they can be used anywhere, anytime.



Boy, I did not notice that little string tail.

Now it needs to be clipped...



These tuck sweetly into the jar.


I plan to make many more for my next two Christmas shows and a few for Etsy.



What a charming rustic gift for Mason Jar Monday.





Thanks for stopping by...

Linking up with these great blogs...



No comments: