Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Wooden Tote Makeover...

This spring my in laws came to visit. 

 They brought all sorts of treasures.

One of their friends is moving and she is getting rid of a lot of stuff.

Among the goodies was this broken tote.



Actually the tote is good.

The handle is broken.


I like the lettering on this side.


I love the weathered look of the wood.


Then there is this side.

I was not-so-much loving this side.


No worries...

DecoArt Chalkboard Paint to the rescue!




Just add two coats brushed in different directions.

Allow it to dry in between.


Then rub with chalk to condition.



Wipe it off and you are ready!

I also replaced the broken handle a branch from a tree that needed to be trimmed anyway.


White Stampin' Chalk Markers from Stampin' Up are such a great way to add chalkboard art or lettering.



They do wipe off with a damp rag but do not wipe off if you brush against it.

Plus I like having more control with the pen tip since chalk does not leave a crisp line.

Now it is all ready for my herb collection for the fair....


Thanks for stopping by....

 I received  free products to use in my designs from both DecoArt and Stampin' Up.

My designs and opinions are purely my own...

You will always hear my honest assessment of the products I use.

I will be linking up with these amazing blogs.

No comments: