Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Rusty Crusty Goodness

The weather in my neck of the woods is finally getting warmer.

That means soon my garage door will be open and I will be creating both inside and outside.

Last summer I had a blast rusting all sorts of goodies.



I love the rusty, crusty look of age on a metal piece.

I covet little bits that have aquired that look over time.

But I am impatient.

So sometimes I help nature along.


These pictures show the pieces at their raw state.  

Many will receive an additional treatment of patina.

They will all be sealed in some manner before they are used to keep the rusty goodness on the piece, not on you.



Last summer I even started to write a tutorial for this process.

Sadly in the fall, I got a nasty virus  on the computer and lost all the work I originally put into the tutorial.


I was going to list my tutorial in my Etsy shop.

What do you think?

Should I start over and make it again?


Looking at these photos from last year makes me say, I think I just might.


Time to get out there and make some things!

Thanks for stopping by....

No comments: