Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Polymer Clay on Workbench Wednesday

Welcome to the workbench today....


I have been obsessed with making polymer clay pieces.


I started by buying Staci's tutorial here:

Staci's Polymer Tutorial


It took me a month to gather and buy the supplies she recommended and actually get ready to try it out....

Now, a month later, I am in love with the process and look I can achieve here at home.



Each batch of beads can take up to a week to make, but they are totally worth it....



These are just out of the oven....




These are painted with the first coat of color.  For some, one coat will be enough.  For others, they may get up to several more layers....



These are part way through the process.  For some reason, I just love when the beads are all mixed together...


When they are finished, you get these:





To see some of the pieces assembled in finished works, check them here in our newest Etsy shop:


Well, time to go paint some beads.  See you soon.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  Come again....







No comments: