For the fair this summer, I did a little something different for the silk wreath arrangement.
I picked up this grapevine wreath at the flea market while junking.
It was decorated with garden stuff...
a glove, little flower pot, a rusty trowel.
I took them off to start fresh.
I made a bunch of burlap roses.
I do these by trimming the seams off burlap coffee sacks when I use the sacks for projects.
Then I glue and turn the seam so the trimmed edge shows here and there.
I make these whenever I am doing a burlap project and then just hold on to them for later.
I also had this burlap pumpkin that I already made.
It has a burlap flower right on it.
I just hot glued all the pieces on the wreath.
I like the understated simplicity of it.
However, my husband is not a fan of wreaths actually hanging on our door.
They blow in the wind, scratch the glass and block the view when we look out.
So I came up with a great compromise.
I hung a hook with some twine from the porch light.
It is a great solution for hanging things on a brick house.
And it fits almost perfectly in the space between the window and the door.
Thanks for stopping by...
I will be linking up with these blogs.
Post a Comment